Thursday 9 March 2017

Author interview with the talented Ember Raine Winters.


Good morning/evening/whatever. I don't know where you are, I barely know where I am. Today I am thrilled to be able to showcase the lovely and talented Ember-Raine Winters. Grab a coffee and I will attempt to ask some intelligent questions...




-Tell us a bit about yourself, who you are, where you’re from, what do you write, do you write full time or do you have another job and what you do for fun when you’re not writing. (Inside leg measurement, head circumference, shoe size-kidding!)

HAHA! I have a huge head but I guess it's better for my huge brain! *laughs* My name is Ember-Raine Winters and I am from Southern California. I have written in two separate genres, YA Dystopian and Adult Romantic Suspense. I do write somewhat full time but only because I help my mom with her printing business as well. I love to read and writing and social media have become a passion of mine since I started my publishing journey a year ago.

-Was writing a lifelong ambition? When did you start?

Writing wasn't a lifelong dream. I always liked the idea of creating my own worlds, but I never actually tried to write a full length novel until about three or four years ago. I have been hooked ever since.

-Producing a book involves many different things-what do you enjoy the most?

I love interacting with readers. A part of the new marketing strategy I have started, I do a lot of Facebook takeovers on blog pages. It is so much fun interacting and getting to know readers! I love it!

-Is there anything from writing through to promotion and publication that you wish you didn’t have to do?

The whole graphics thing gives me the most trouble and its one of those "do I really need that" types of things. I hate it, but I do it because they really are needed.

-(Please don't mention graphics right now I might cry. I cannot do graphics) Tell us about where you write. Do you have a dedicated space or are you able to write anywhere?

I do a lot of my writing from my phone so, in theory I can write from anywhere but I have a patio chair in my backyard that I do a lot of my writing in.

-I would love that. Alas it rained yesterday so maybe not! Do you have a process or any habits that must be completed before you start writing?

No not at all. I am easy when it comes to writing. If I have just started a story and put it down for awhile I will go back and read what I have written so far and continue from there.

-Name a place fictional or real that you’d like to visit.

Ireland! I have always wanted to go to Ireland and do like a two week long tour of the whole country. It wouldn't hurt things to meet a hot Irish guy with a sexy accent! Haha!

-Another place on my doorstep I've never been to, I really ought to get out more! Who are your favourite authors and what are you reading at the moment?

I haven't been able to read a lot lately I have been busy promoting and writing. I love Rick Riordan, and JK Rowling, I also love K. Bromberg, she's an awesome romance author.

-What music do you like? Who is on your current play list?

I love older late 90's early 2000's rock and pop. 3 Doors Down, Linkin Park and Matchbox 20 are on my playlist constantly!

-Ah older lol I grew up in the 80s-older still! Finally, if you weren’t a writer and you could choose to do anything else with your life what would you do?

I have been wanting to start a non-profit sports organization that helps underprivileged kids pay for sports programs. I would probably do that.






Thank you so much! Earthlings you may now click all these links to be transported elsewhere. Off you go. Click stuff.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Almost Halloween

Today is one of the highlights of my year. I love Halloween. I don't particularly enjoy the incessant opening of the front door and hand...