Friday 29 September 2017

Happy Anniversary

Our anniversary was in July, I know, I'm late. We did buy each other cards in the correct week though. It took us a month to go out for dinner. Look, after 16 years of marriage we finally bought each other exactly the same card. We've been trying to do that for years!


I don't have blonde hair. It's currently purple, soon to be mauve.

It's the end of September and I can honestly say I don't feel like I've had a summer or a holiday. Yet, apparently they both happened. I think summer is open to debate. The holiday was just wet. Two weeks in Wales and it rained virtually every day. Even the locals were surprised. Not to mention the traffic doubling the journey time to 9 hours. We did get out and about and saw some interesting places. And the car only ended up in a ditch once. Here are some pictures of summer not being soggy:

Aberglasney House and Gardens

Angle Bay Beach


A view from Pembroke Castle. It almost killed me getting up there.

Since we've been back, I've been dealing with a variety of things. I sought treatment for a hereditary joint condition for me and the kids. On the one hand it's unfortunate that the kids have inherited my hypermobility spectrum disorder because the condition does cause a lot of fatigue and pain. On the other hand-at least now they've been diagnosed, no $(*%&*$^ can accuse me of being a hypochondriac or a drama queen. After suffering since I was at primary school I cannot tell you how exhausted I am with the constant dismissive attitudes of people who assume I'm just making a fuss. Oh look, there's a cliff... off you go!

On a more positive note, there is a university application going on for this Cyberman for next year.

Taken at the Museum of Childhood

We've also had the inevitable long-winded search for suitable school shoes. Honestly, with feet as painful as ours, the kids should be allowed to wear trainers. And of course I've been writing. If I'd not been writing, either the men in white coats would have carted me away by now or I'd be in an orange jumpsuit or UK equivalent somewhere.

It'll be October in a couple of days and I like Halloween. I've booked tickets for us to go to the local farm for their Halloween event. Five different haunted castles to wander around as many times as you like. We went round them five times last year, including the nauseating spinning one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Almost Halloween

Today is one of the highlights of my year. I love Halloween. I don't particularly enjoy the incessant opening of the front door and hand...